My adventure, my vision, my confession.

A Missed Dream.

Yesterday, I watched a movie titled Dear John. This movie tells about a couple who undergo a long-distance relationship (LDR) because John, the main male character, is an army. And this movie reminds me to my old, childhood, dream. Being an army.

Why do I want to be an army?


Maybe some people will say "no way" when they hear it. Funny eh? But yes, dude, that's my dream. I don't mind cutting my hair short like a man, having a hard training and exercise everyday, maybe boys will keep their distance with me. Which is, I will be a little late to get married. Haha. But really, that doesn't matter.


And I really understand it would not be easy, beautiful like Disney or another happy ending movie.


For me, it's a honor to be able to serve my country that way. And not just about dedication to the homeland, it's about dedication to life of every human. Dedication to the justice. Dedication to God. There is a lot of ways to do those, but my soul desires that way.

I'm not afraid of risk I would face ahead. I'm not afraid of leaving my beloved persons for months, maybe years. And I'm not afraid of using guns, and get shot by it too. I never be afraid of it.

I'm surprised realizing how passion could give you so much strength and courage. How passion could give you so much hopes.

Being an army - a dream I got to forget since I'm using glasses. One big regret in my life.

And sometimes when I see myself in the mirror, I ask myself. Am I capable to it? Is it just a dream for a moment?

Now I'm walking in a different way. I'm saying goodbye to that dream. But the hope never been really disappear. If it's not now, it will in the future or perhaps in another life. I believe it.

For now, I will do my best in this way. A true warrior never complaining.
I maybe not a soldier now, but my soul is.


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature